Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Blueberry Fields Forever... ;)~






About a month ago Kat and I met my Broha and his three girlz to go blueberry picking. We have been before, but it was the girlz first time! I love experiencing new things with them!!! Their perspectives are each so unique and priceless!!! 

I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to create with our beautiful bounty of fresh picked blue orbs of goodness...So I finally settled on muffins...but I had no pan spray for the muffin tins......So I put it in a loaf pan instead and it became The BEST Blueberry Lemon Bread I've ever tasted!!! So glad I actually wrote this one down as I made it! 

Blueberry Lemon Bread

2 C Organic AP Flour
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 C Plain Yogurt
1/4 C Sour Cream
1/2 C Packed Brown Sugar
1/4 C Melted Organic Coconut Oil
2 Eggs Beaten
Zest of 1 Large Lemon

Set aside 1 1/3 C Blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Preparation
In a large bowl mix the first 3 ingredients. In another bowl mix the rest together well. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until well blended. Now add the blueberries and gently fold until berries are distributed evenly. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for approx 1 1/4 hrs. Make sure it's golden brown and passes the clean knife test!   We like to pop a slice in the toaster oven and finish with Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread!  ENJOY!!!... ;)~

No comments: