Monday, February 10, 2014

Challenge Accepted Broha! ;)~

This weekend Kat and I went to my brother's house for his daughter's birthday party. I spent some time with him in the kitchen just shootin' the shit. He was telling me how he recently started a blog about music. Here is the link to his site The Music Performer .... He asked if I ever write mine anymore. The answer was an embarrassing no... In fact I haven't written in about 3 years... and it was 2 years between that last post.... so really it's been almost 5! 

A lot has gone down in that time. To keep real short... My mom passed in June of 2010. One month later I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer. My world has been turned upside down and inside out. I've been literally  fighting for my life in this time... Since I write about my life here too I just couldn't deal with putting it all out there! But I think that I have pushed through and am ready to share and start writing again! Plus my brother challenged me to write a post by Wednesday!... Well challenge ON little broha!

This easy recipe is one of my fav morning comfort foods!


Toasted Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Cups 

6 pieces of organic bread of your choice with crust cut off
6 strips of bacon cooked off 3/4 of the way
6 organic eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice. I like cheddar!
1 scallion chopped
Pan spray
makes 6

1. With a rolling pin (if you dont have one a can of soup will do)  roll the bread out till its flat. Cut the bread in half to make 2 triangles so you have a total of 12. 

2. Spray the inside of the cupcake tin. Place 2 of the bread triangles in the holder and press them down a bit. 
3. Add the bacon to make a circle. 
4. Crack an egg in a small bowl to make sure there are no shells before you add it. Carefully pour the egg into the cup. 
5. Add  cheese of choice on top.  Pop it in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 min or  until whites are set and yolk is to desired liking. 
6. When cheese starts melting sprinkle  scallions on top and continue cooking time.
7. ENJOY!!!


No comments: